DavidMRothschild on March 30, 2015 @ 3:52PM
Kentucky is 55% to win the tournament, same as they were before the Elite Eight. They did not look dominate so advancing a round was not as helpful as it should!
DavidMRothschild on March 28, 2015 @ 12:06PM
1) Kentucky is 55% to win the tournament, up just 11 percentage points from the start of the tournment.
2) The other three games are all pretty tight. Michigan State is a 58% favorite, Duke is a 57% favorite, and Arizona is a 52 favorite.
DavidMRothschild on March 26, 2015 @ 5:17PM
1) Of the three top seeds left, Duke is the most at risk.
2) Wichita State (7) v. Notre Dame (3) is the tighest pick with the market-based forecasets at 54% for Wichita State and the FiveThirtyEight's model at 53% for Notre Dame.
3) Two (7) seeds are favored over (3) seeds!
DavidMRothschild on March 22, 2015 @ 8:31AM
Day 3 was another day of top-seeds or expected favorites winning ... will the exception of the top seeded Villanova. This is a huge blow to the FiveThirtyEight predictions which had a big weight on Nova: a 16% likelihood of winning the tourney going into the round of 32 (12% going into the round of 64). Prediction market-based forecasts were half of that.
In the game-by-game predictions for Sunday, March 22, the market-based PredictWise forecasts are again similar to FiveThirtyEight today ... But, keep on eye on Maryland v. West Virginia where PredictWise's live predictions are ont he other side of the outcome.
DavidMRothschild on March 21, 2015 @ 9:58AM
There is only one lower seed favored to win on Day 3 of the tournament – Utah (5) is 64% over Georgetown (4) in the South. With about 75 probability on the favored teams we expect 2 of them to go down, with Notre Dame as the most likely. Number 1 seeds Villanova and Kentucky, as well as number 2 seed Arizona are all heavily favored in their games. The market-based predictions are earily similar to FiveThirtyEight today ... What the predictions move live on PredictWise here.